Thursday, November 1, 2007

SCA Trip to OCMA Nov. 15, 6 to 8PM 2007

Just to supplement the SCA e-mail of Oct. 30 I thought I would use my first blog as a supplement of information on the "Birth of the Cool" show at OCMA. By coincidence I received a complementary issue of Art Ltd. a few days ago. There are several very good articles on the current show at OCMA, one being written by the Curator, Elizabeth Armstrong, "The Square and the Cool" which is from the OCMA catalog. Also 0f interest is the article "Abstract Classicism in Retrospect" by writer, curator Peter Selz and "The Illusionist" about Tony DeLap, UCI former Art Prof and resident of CdM. Docents have been fortunate to see his studio there. My next blog will probably be on my work which will show through Curator, Marilyn Todd, at the Aliso Viejo Library.

by Marilyn Ellis BA UCLA Art History, Studio Art and Spanish 1960 MA CSUF Art with thesis on Mexican Muralists 1977(no MFA given that yr).

No comments: